The House at Cornell Tech (http://thehouseatcornelltech.com/)
The House includes 350 units for students, staff and faculty. The first high-rise residential building in the world built according to energy-efficient “Passive House” principles, it reaches 270 feet making it the tallest building — and an iconic marker — on the campus.
When you live at The House, classes and campus events are right next door. Campus living fosters connections with fellow students and faculty from within the collaborative living/learning environment.
Apartment Search Links
Take a look at our comprehensive list of apartment search links. With the right amount of digging, you might be able to find a steal in the NYC rental landscape!
(This is a suggested list, please note that Cornell Tech does not endorse any particular website or company)
Hire a Helping Hand: NYC Brokers
Citihabitats offers Cornell Tech students and graduates a 5% discount on the broker fee!
Find a Roomie: Roommate Search Links
Choosing a great roommate can be as difficult as choosing a great grad school. Use these links to help you navigate.
In the Meantime… Short Term Stay Links
Investigate these links if you need a place to stay while you’re ironing out rental details or are in need of housing for shorter periods of time.
Many people will need to have a guarantor co-sign their lease. The guarantor is legally and financially responsible for all the terms and guarantees on your lease. If you do not have someone in the U.S. to help you with this, take a look at the two links below.
If you’re nervous about driving a Uhaul in NYC: Storage and Moving Links
Getting around this city is difficult enough! Look into these resources for storage and moving.
You have an apartment…now what?: Furniture rental links
As you settle into life at Cornell Tech, use these helpful links to become more acquainted with Roosevelt Island and New York City.
Restaurants (be a New Yorker and order online )
- Seamless – Online ordering and delivery from numerous restaurants. Create an account and enter your address to see the restaurants available in your area.
- OpenTable – Online restaurant reservations. Create an account, and you’re on your way.
Grocery Stores (near campus)
- Gristedes – Main Street (RI); offers a 10% student discount on Thursdays
- Wholesome Factory Market – 530 Main Street (RI)
- Trader Joes – Union Square
- Whole Foods – 57th Street (between 2nd and 3rd Ave)
- Fresh Direct – Online ordering and delivery of groceries.
The following list is being updated, but a few affordable options with multiple locations across the city (~$25-30 / month) are listed below.
- New York City Department of City Planning
- New York Neighborhood Web
- Staten Island
- Beyond NYC
Official Sites for NY State and NYC
- 311 City of New York
- NYCLink – the city’s official web site
- New York – the state’s official web site
- New York Department of Transportation
- NYC and Company–NYC’s Official Tourism Website
- Port Authority of NY & New Jersey